Will I have to pay VAT on the sale of my property?

< Back
You are here:

In most cases, transfer duty and not VAT is relevant for the sale of land. VAT will only be relevant if the seller is registered for VAT and the land is part of his VAT enterprise. If a farmer, registered for VAT, for example, sells his farm, such sale will be a VAT transaction.

Volker Krüger

image_pdfSave as PDF
Previous What does the seller have to do in respect of the municipal account after the registration of the property in the purchaser’s name?
Next When can I as purchaser take occupation of the property?
Table of Contents