- look after your surviving spouse in your will, but also ensure that your children inherit;
- choose the right guardians for your minor children;
- cater for the registration of a trust for your minor children to ensure that cash inheritances are not paid to the Guardians Fund of the State;
- save on Estate Duty and Capital Gains Tax;
- cater for the possible insolvency of your heirs;
- not cause headaches for your family by ruling from the grave.
Our fee for drafting a will is R500 and another R500 for a testamentary deed of trust, if applicable. Should your circumstances require estate planning a fee would be agreed upon with you before we commence with the work.During the national Wills Week in September every year we draft wills free of charge. The same applies where we attend to another matter on behalf of a client; i.e. we won't charge you for your will.
- balance the immediate needs of the beneficiaries with the necessity of preserving and growing the trust assets for the long term;
- ensure that neither SARS nor creditors can attack the validity of your trust.
We specialise in the drafting of wills, estate planning and the administration of deceased estates. In 2018 our specialists administered more than 120 deceased estates with a combined value of more than R200m. Despite our size, we guarantee you and your family personal attention and service, contrary to what many clients experience at large institutions such as the banks and insurance companies. The prescribed fee for winding-up of a deceased estate is 3,5% of the gross value of the estate plus VAT as well as 6% of the income after death plus VAT. We are, however, always prepared to consider giving a discount on our fees, especially where the surviving spouse inherits everything. Click here for a list of documents and information we require to report and wind-up a deceased estate.